Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

California Here We Come


I have been so busy scanning negatives that I have neglected the blog. So far I have scanned over 8 gigabytes of old photographs. The following pictures were taken on a trip to California back in the 1970's.   It was a hastily planned trip. I had applied for a job at 3M but was not certain I had the job or not. I figured if I did get the job I would not have vacation for the first year so we had the idea for the vacation, planned it and were on the road all within the span of about three hours. It was a fun trip for Jane, Danny, David ,Mary and myself.

Abandoned home somewhere in Utah


Where else?


Here we are on the road to California

On the road somewhere in the southwest

Finally the Pacific Ocean




Add caption


I left my heart

Little Cable Cars Climb Half Way to The Stars

Rush Hour


S.F. Waterfront

Dan, Dave & Mary


Back to scanning pictures for me.

4 comments:

J. Jimenez said...

Great pictures!

J. Jimenez said...

Great Pictures!

Dan-O said...

I especially love your Vegas shot. That's the Vegas I remember from my own families California trip in the early '70s. There is no trace of that street left today.

jane said...

The photo with the maroon road with gold stripe was taken in Zion National Park in Utah.
Great photos.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
"IF THERE WERE NO GOD, THERE WOULD BE NO ATHEISTS" G.K. Chesterton