Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Business As Usual

There used to be an unusual business along the highway on the way to River Falls Wisconsin. They had a large sign on the side of a parked semi trailer advertising there specialties, it simply said "Cheese and Taxidermy". I always wanted to stop and see exactly what they had in there store but I never did. I can only imagine now, perhaps I could have purchased not only some goat cheese, but the goat as well.

I have included a cartoon along the same lines which as I recall, is not to far from being the truth about a relatives dual business.

The cartoon also brings back a memory of a trip Jane and I took to Europe several years ago. I believe it was in Austria, we had visited a church and as we were leaving we noticed a separate building next to the church, we went in and the only thing in the building was a wooden box sitting next to a wall, as I approached it I noticed there was a small glass window on top of the box and as I peered in I was surprised to see the body of an older woman obviously deceased. 

"It's been awful for business, Mrs. Schulz, but
it was Charlie's last wish."




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
"IF THERE WERE NO GOD, THERE WOULD BE NO ATHEISTS" G.K. Chesterton