Search This Blog

Thursday, February 03, 2011

SUPERMAN

When I was in grade school back in the previous century,  I told a neighborhood kid named Tommy Blees,  that I was Superman. I told him this as we walked home from school, I said I had a deep secret I wanted to share with him but I needed him to promise never tell anyone or I may loose some of my powers. Being younger then myself he bought into the whole thing asking questions like, how did it feel to fly and could I really lift a car off the ground. As I arrived home and he continued on to his, I couldn't help but wonder what Tommy was thinking.

A few days later I once again ran into Tommy. I sternly asked if he had told anyone about our little secret. He denied telling anyone. Well I said, you must have told someone because I could no longer fly. Almost weeping little Tommy Blees finally admited that he had told his mother.

The fact that he had indeed told his mother was verified some 20 years later when I told Mrs Blees the story. I still can't fly.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
"IF THERE WERE NO GOD, THERE WOULD BE NO ATHEISTS" G.K. Chesterton