Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Eurropa 2006

Time to update my blog. It's funny how things you once did are replaced by new things, the new thing has been Picasa Web Gallery. For some pictures of our recent travels go to: http://picasaweb.google.com/jjbaltes

Jane and I recenlty returned from a month long trip to Europe. We rented a car and spent time in Germany, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria and Italy. A highlight of the trip for me was going to the towns where my Granfathers family came from, Uedelhoven, Germany, and also the town where my Grandmother Mary Baltes came from, Nova Bystrice in the Czech Republic.

We took over 300 still pictures and I shot 7 hours of video. I will be busy this winter editing the video. I have included my favorite picture from the trip..

The photo shows a sign that means; (1) your are now leaving the town of Windpassing, or (2) farting is strictly forbidden. In this particular case it meant both. Farting was stricly forbidden, and they asked me to leave town.

The truth of the matter is that the sign does mean that you are now leaving the town of Windpassing. Coming into town has a sign without the red line through it.

Hope all are doing well, here are a few more jokes.

A marine biologist developed a race of genetically engineered dolphins that could live forever if they were fed a steady diet of seagulls. One day his supply of the birds ran out, so he had to go out and trap some more. On the way back, he spied two lions asleep on the road. Afraid to wake them, he gingerly stepped over them. Immediately, he was arrested and charged with transporting gulls across sedate lions for immortal porpoises.

A skeptical anthropologist was cataloging South American folk remedies with the assistance of a tribal brujo who indicated that the leaves of a particular fern were a sure cure for any case of constipation. When the anthropologist expressed his doubts, the brujo looked him in the eye and said, "Let me tell you, with fronds like these, who needs enemas?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is Austria not Germany. I wonder if it is pronounced something like, "Vindpazzing". No doubt they are "green" and concerned about air polution. That sign seems cruel considering all the beer and cabbage served.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
"IF THERE WERE NO GOD, THERE WOULD BE NO ATHEISTS" G.K. Chesterton