Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

NAME DROPPERS III


Walter Mondale

During the spring flooding in 1966 I was shooting with a wide angle lens which made everything appear to be further away then it was. I was shooting an interview with Walter and when I stopped shooting I realized that I was only about 12 inches from Walters face. He laughed. While on a mission trip to Jamaica several years later I ran into him in the Montego Bay airport. He gave me his address and I sent him a copy of the video I shot while there. He was very nice for a Democrat!



Robert Urich


Did a shoot with Robert at 3M just before he was diagnosed with cancer.












Tiny Tim







In 1962 while stationed at Ft. Dix NJ I had a roomate from Memphis who played at various coffee houses in Greenwich Village in New York city on the weekends. One of the places we went to on a regular basis, I think it was called the Purple Onion, featured several yet unknowns. Tiny Tim was one of them and I can assure you that the person you later saw on TV was the real deal. Richie Havens also played there. He would later perform at Woodstock.






Millie Jackson


Did two really bad commercials with Millie and Joe Simon













John Davidson



Was doing a shoot in Lake Crystal Minnesota at "Farmfest" with Sports Films & Talents, later to become NFL Films. I was shooting tractor pulls etc. One evening the producer asked me to shoot the stage show. I was backstage and John Davidson was getting ready to go on stage. I have never seen a guy so pumped for a performance, at Farmfest no less.
At this same event, Helen Reddy was also performing, when she came on stage I turned the camera away from the stage. (See separate blurb on Ms Reddy)







Brandon De Wilde
Brandon and I were roomates at Fort Dix NJ, He would also go with us on weekends to Greenwich Village in New York City. He had been on stage as a child actor and later acted in several films, Shane and Hud being the most noteable. Like me he was born in 1942. In 1972 he died in an automobile accident.











MORE QUESTIONS TO PONDER

51. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

52. Why buy a product that it takes 2000 flushes to get rid of?

53. Why do we wait until a pig is dead to "cure" it?

54. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

55. Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

56. Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

57. How is it possible to have a civil war?

58. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

59. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

60. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must stop stalking me!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
"IF THERE WERE NO GOD, THERE WOULD BE NO ATHEISTS" G.K. Chesterton