Search This Blog

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Changing A Negative Into A Positive

I recently bought a Scanner that is able to handle the larger photo negatives I had in an old shoe box in the basement. The negatives have been sitting there for years, some dating back to the 1930's.
I inherited some from my father, others are mine and are mostly 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 negatives from my Twin Lens Yashica Mat camera. There are literally thousands of them.

I have been scanning those negatives for the past couple of weeks and it is interesting to see the images go from negative to positive, many of the photos I have never seen before. Others bring back memories of a time when I was much younger. Here are a few samples.

My best friend Dave and wife Sue


(L to R) Doll, Sister Judy, Me, Brother Jim


Jane (my better half) in late 60's


My mother, early 40's

David, Joe, Dan and Peter
                                                         
Jane in Little Falls




                                                                       Joyce & Bob

David, Mary and Scott

David & Mary

1 comment:

Mary said...

wow - the quality of those pictures is amazing! And Scott - I only had a mental image of what he looked like and this isn't what I remembered. funny how that works.

btw Mike thinks Dave looks like Ricky Schroeder

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
"IF THERE WERE NO GOD, THERE WOULD BE NO ATHEISTS" G.K. Chesterton